Welcome to my newsletter, where you will find information about the exciting happenings in the coastal towns from Flagler Beach to Edgewater! Cultural venues, festivals, exhibits, restaurants, nature parks, and of course real estate news. Please enjoy and share with your friends
Serving you and the Greater Daytona Beach Area since 2014 — Janet Rabe-Meyer
As it is getting hotter (and hotter), we who live along the Central Florida Coast need some outdoor activities. Hibernating all summer is just too depressing!
Well, fortunately for us, various cities along the coast offer amazing (mostly free) concert series. These events are in the evening, when we can dare to venture outside after the day’s blistering heat.
Daytona Beach, Port Orange, and New Smyrna Beach are all offering great events this summer. Whether you live in Flagler, Ormond, or in Edgewater – you are never far from an awesome concert.
Bandshell Concert Series
The 2018 Bandshell Summer Concert Series is spectacular! Enjoying the sights and sounds of summer at this historic coquina amphitheater is so easy – park in the Ocean Center garage, take the crosswalk to the Daytona Beach Bandshell in Oceanfront Park, rent a chair, purchase a drink and enjoy the show. Every Friday and Saturday night starting at 7pm through September. Every Saturday there is a fireworks show at 9:45pm! Go HERE for more information and for the whole schedule.
Here are the next concerts, including July 4th and 5th!!
- ZZ Top tribute band: Trezz Hombres, Friday, June 29, 7:00 p.m.
- Steely Dan tribute band: Show Biz Kids, Saturday, June 30, 7:00 p.m.
- Eagles tribute band: Alter Eagles, Wednesday, July 4, 7:00 p.m.
- U.S. Navy Band, The Cruisers, Thursday, July 5, 7 p.m.
- Doobie Brothers and Santana tribute bands: China Grove and Supernatural, Friday, July 6, 7:00 p.m.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute band: Nuthin’ Fancy, Saturday, July 7, 7:00 p.m.
In New Smyrna Beach, you can enjoy music on Thursdays at 6:30pm at Riverside Park. The park, located right on the water, is a lovely backdrop for these upcoming concerts:
- June 28 – Glencoe Ridge, Bluegrass
- July 12 – Jam (Jeremy & Andrea Mix ) – Variety
- July 19 – Marc Monteson & Linda Cole – Standards
- July 26 – Joe Harrison – Variety
- August 2 – Kayonne Riley & the Downtown Trio – Variety
- August 9 – The Dave Capp Project – Jaxx & R&B
- August 16 – Gina & Mary Cuchetti – Variety
The fun doesn’t have to stop there! After the concert, go for a bite at the beautiful Riverpark Terrace Restaurant and enjoy the ambience along with their fabulous food. Check out the menu HERE.
The restaurant is directly across from Riverside Park, as is Arts on Douglas, one of New Smyrna Beach’s fantastic galleries.
Your Thursday evenings are now booked!
Move under the Stars – and more!
Port Orange Summer fun!
At the Port Orange City Center, right off of Dunlawton, you will find the Kenneth W. Parker Amphitheater – the perfect setting for an outdoor movie or festivities! Both are offered by the City of Port Orange all summer long.
In addition, you can enjoy the Fourth of July celebrations, the Crab and Seafood Fest, and more. Go HERE to see the schedule through the rest of 2018.
Referrals are how we build our business, and it is an honor to help you, your friends, and family with their real estate needs.